Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre pro 13 W2K29VA#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All. Looks like I need to replace my RTC battery,  I have used this computer for 4 years and without a battery (or connector to attach it to? Is this correct? (Bottom of the photo is the pads for the connector... with no connector there?

Please help. Love the computer, but it now gives me a 502 cmos error.

Can i just solder the connector and add battery there? 

RTC Connection missing.png 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Taiwada 

Many modern machines now do not use RTC (or CMOS) battery. Including yours.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Funny, I called the cust service line [content removed] and told them my issue and model of computer. He replied “every computer has a RTC battery. 

when looking at tear down video on YouTube for my make and model (https://youtu.be/SvkDsHw4uiM) it clearly shows a RTC. 

ok? So do I have one?  
Does  the bios chip need power? or resetting? 

Now the hard drive is getting an issue, can not get into recovery. (Hard disk (3F0) error. Long DST failure...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.