Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 15 j048tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My laptop crashed when I was watching some video so I force shutdown and now it won't boot, stuck at hp loading screen. I Tried hard reset and performed system and component tests all passed.

Laptop boots in safe mode.

Also did bios update i really donno what to do now.
Plz do help ty in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

System restore worked, all well now ty to Hp customer support chat. Keep the great work hp. Ty danny for replying a kudo for u.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

It is a software issue then, try editing the start up  in task manger ,disable unwanted things, uninstall video driver and reboot the computer . you can also change the start up in system configuration ( in run box type msconfig) put it on normal start up.

Thanks,

Danny_Acosta

HP Recommended
Tried em still not booting
HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

Greetings @ssssssumanth

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer boots to safe mode but does not boot to the normal desktop, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried a BIOS rollback?

Recommend you do a hard reset. 

Wait for the minute. 

While holding down Win + B keys on your keyboard, power on your computer to restore the BIOS and check if it resolves the issue you are facing. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

can you access bios ?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your concern guyz, I've tried bios update, rollback and hard reset.

Yes Danny i can access BIOS n i tried uninstalling video driver but it reinstalls on its own when i restart.

Btw am i supposed to uninstall both graphic drivers or just the nvidia?

Still stuck at hp logo loading screen I doubt problem may be with drivers but all tests passed.

Should I try factory reset?

HP Recommended

Hi sumanth,

Give me the serial number please... yes go for reset once, you need to remove all display drivers if issue persist will help you to alter bios settings. (i have fixed this problem on dell computers by chaging sata operations in bios , need to change.. restart and shut down onthe logo , then go to bios change sata operation back to what it was and try to boot up . this was a known issue with windows 8 back then.)

HP Recommended

System restore worked, all well now ty to Hp customer support chat. Keep the great work hp. Ty danny for replying a kudo for u.

HP Recommended

I'm stuck on hp logo when I power up on my probook laptop. Any potential solutions??

Help!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.