Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Firefly 14 inch G10 Mobile Workstation PC IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm experiencing random hibernations and when checking the windows event logs, it states the following:

"The system was hibernated due to a critical thermal event.
Hibernate Time = ‎2024‎-‎04‎-‎17T04:48:29.255749600Z
ACPI Thermal Zone = \_TZ.PGTZ
_HOT = 353K"

Windows update and HP Support Assistant updates are all updated. This is a brand new laptop that has just been set up. I do have onsite support warranty, kindly assist

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Usually, when a laptop overheats, once it cools down, it works OK after that.  But if the overheating is too much, it burns out the processor and it no longer will start.

Sorry, we are unable to assist with this as we are unable to provide any onsite support.

Since you have onsite support, you should contact those folks to get assistance.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

hmm, at this point its either a batch issue or a software one as i have a second laptop purchased at the same time also exhibiting this issue. A bios firmware problem possibly? The laptop isnt doing anything at all when it powers off. It seems to be common among HP laptops when I google the error

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.