Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello Paul, Pls see below and advise

I installed Bluetooth driver but got below message:

No Bluetooth device was detected. Do I need to insert any device, I am not sure which device came with this laptop. Pls let me know.

[content removed]

I installed a wifi driver as provided by you but still not able to get a list of all the wifi networks available. So I tried troubleshooting and below is what I got. Pls, let me know how to fix this and connect to the wifi connection.

I checked in my laptop but there is no wifi on/off switch on the sides of this laptop.

[content removed]

Graphics driver: Pls let me know if this is the most updated graphics driver for my device?

Standard VGA Graphics adapter

[content removed]

Thank you and kindly advise.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The first thing to do is to see if the Broadcom wifi adapter is showing up in the device manager under the Network Adapters device manager category as installed and reported as working properly.

Please let me know if it is.

The product specs for your notebook indicates that it comes with Bluetooth, so the only thing I can think of is the BT was turned off with the HP wireless assistant software.

Install this software, restart the PC and see if you can turn on the wifi and bluetooth using the HP wireless assistant software.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49408.exe

Also install the HP quick launch software...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51650.exe

After you install the HP quick launch software, you should be able to turn the wifi on by pressing the Fn key located to the far right of that row.

It shows the wifi is turned on and off with that key on chapter 1 page 5 of the user guide.

c02070500.pdf (hp.com)

You need to install the Intel graphics driver...the standard vga adapter is the default windows driver so you have an image on the screen.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51330.exe

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

All fixed, I am able to install Bluetooth, wifi, and graphics driver.

I also tried installing windows 10 but the RAM is only 1 GB and therefore installation couldn't complete. I got an error that RAM should be 2 GB or above.

I think I should update to windows 8.1 Pls provide me link from where I can upgrade to free windows 8.1 from windows 7 Home Premium.

Also, will I have to install 32 Bit or 64 bit windows 8.1 based on my RAM, pls advise.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All Windows 64 bit operating systems require a minimum of 2 GB of memory, not just W10.

There are no free paths to any upgrade but W10.

So, if you are going to live with 1 GB of memory, and not add additional memory, go back and install W7 32 bit, and then take the free upgrade to W10 32 bit.

Remember, that you will need to have a valid W7 Home Premium product key to activate W7 before attempting to get the free upgrade to W10.

There is also a 32 bit W7 download on that link I posted yesterday.

The drivers I gave you yesterday should all work on W7 32 bit too.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Actually, I thought about the RAM and I think it's time that  I need to update the RAM. This will also allow me to install windows 10 (64 bit) on my PC and at the same time will also boost the performance of my laptop. I searched for some spare parts on local websites and just have some questions.

I found out spare parts like DVD writer and RAM for Compaq laptop Presario CQ62 notebook. - Will the RAM of this be compatible with Compaq cq42 (My laptop) Pls let me know. 

I have 2x4GB RAM slots in my Laptop.

Pls, find below pic of my RAM and advice. If DVD writer and RAM both are the same for cq62 and cq42 then I will buy and update RAM kindly advise.

Pic of my RAM in below Link:

[content removed]

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the memory from the CQ 62 should work in yours too.

Chapter 1 of the service manual for the CQ 62 indicates that it also uses DDR3 memory.

c02641795.pdf (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thank you for checking in the manual of Cq62 but when I checked on HP website it shows DDR2 RAM. Pls find both screenshots below. One is from the link that you posted and another one I got from HP website.

CQ62 - DDR2 RAM on HP website:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02218950

CQ62 - DDR3 Maintenance and Service Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02641795.pdf

Kindly advise which RAM is correct for CQ62 as for Mine I am sure its DDR3 RAM.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Whatever memory you buy, it has to be DDR3.

If the eBay CQ62 listing is for DDR3 memory, it should work just fine.

DDR2 memory won't work.  It won't even fit in the memory slot.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I got 2X4GB RAM for my Compaq Presario Cq42 laptop now and it has windows 7 64 bit installed on it.

I tried to install windows 10 64 bit using bootable Pendrive since my RAMs are 4 GB now but I am getting below error at the time of formating.

Pls let me know how can I fix this.

Error Name: Stop Code WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Error link below for your ref:

[content removed]

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I would have no idea how to fix the problem you are having with booting from the W10 installation media and installing 10.

If your copy of W7 is now activated, I would recommend you try the procedure I explained in my first reply on this discussion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.