Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thank you. The Wifi driver is correctly installed.

Now I am taking the help of the Microsft community to guide me further. Thnk you for all your help 🙂

[content removed]

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know if someone on the Microsoft forum was able to help you get W10 installed on your PC.

HP Recommended

Sure, Paul. I Will let you know if I will be able to install windows 10 on my Notebook.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I had a discussion with one of the technical support team of Microsoft and I told them abt the error. They said that if the RAM and storage meet requirements it could be because of your processor that you are getting this error message.

So Microprocessor: 2.13 GHz Intel Pentium P6200 I old processor and because of it, I might be getting this error.

Now, suppose if this is the case is it possible for me to upgrade the processor on the motherboard for this notebook on my own. Is it possible or not for this specific laptop model?

Pls, let me know.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can upgrade the processor.

Below is the link to the service manual.

The supported processors can be found in chapter 1 on page 1.

c02623161.pdf (hp.com)

The best one you can upgrade to would be the i7-620M, but any of the i3 or i5 processors are better than the currently installed Pentium processor.

There is a procedure in the service manual for how to remove and replace the processor.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with that.

I have never replaced a processor in a notebook PC.

I am not 100% confident in the diagnosis, because I have two older notebook PC's than yours with older processors, and I was able to install W10 on them with no problem.

For example...here is a comparison chart of the best processor you can install in your notebook and yours.

Intel® Product Specification Comparison

As you can see, your processor actually has a later release date then the i7.

However, maybe it is the specific model processor that doesn't work with W10.

Anyway, at least you will end up with a more powerful processor which should make the notebook run better.

HP Recommended

Ok, Paul,

Thank you, I will try to check if I can update the processor on the mother board on my own.

Meanwhile, I am not sure why again and again I am getting below two USB and Windows display errors since yesterday?

Is it because my windows 7 didn't install correctly or is it because of any missing driver. Pls have a look at the below errors and advise.

Error 1: I even tried locating hardware ID but not getting any details. Pls, let me know in case I need to install any driver to resolve this error.

Unknown Device.JPG

Error 2: Display error. All of a sudden my windows will turn black and the screen will come again with the below error. Pls, advise.

Desktop Windows manager has stopped working..jpeg

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you installed this graphics driver, it would be the right one.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51330.exe

The USB issue...unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

You may want to see if installing the latest Intel chipset driver and restarting the PC, resolves that problem.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55095.exe

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

For time being, I updated windows 8.1 single language till I manage to install windows 10 on my laptop.

I checked the drivers on the HP website, but I was only getting below 3, OS options for my laptop. Can you pls advise why it is so? Why HP listed only windows 7 and XP as OS for my laptop and no windows 8.1? Just for my knowledge, I am curious to know abt this.

If I can install windows 8.1 on my laptop so why can't I find supporting drivers for it on the HP website. Pls, find the below image for your ref.

No Windows 8.1 Operating System.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

W8.1 and W10 are not supported operating systems for your PC, which is why there are no drivers for those operating systems.

W8.1 should have automatically installed the wifi and graphics drivers and if not, you can try manually installing the graphics driver I posted earlier.

There is a W8.1 wifi driver for the Broadcom card...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66495.exe

For the audio, SD card reader, and ethernet adapters, you can use the W8.1 drivers directly from the Realtek site.

Audio:  Select the Windows 64 bit driver.

PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Codecs Software - REALTEK

Ethernet:

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W8.1 driver from the link below.

Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK

SD card reader:  Download, unzip and run the setup application from the 1st file listed at the link below...

Card Reader Solutions > Card Reader Controllers Software - REALTEK

After you get all the drivers installed and there are no devices with ! marks in the device manager, you may want to consider trying the free upgrade again to W10 by clicking on the blue Update Now button on the Media creation tool website.

Maybe W10 will like upgrading from W8.1 with newer drivers installed then it did with W7.

That will save you having to take apart the notebook to upgrade the processor if it works.

Anything else you will have to use the W7 drivers.

HP Recommended

Good News Paul!

After working on this PC for so many days, finally, I am able to install windows 10 Pro on it. On my Pentium processor. You were right that it's not abt the processor. I first installed windows 8.1 and after that, I again used the windows 10 media creation tool (the latest one) and was able to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 successfully.

I didn't need to install any of the drivers for windows 10 Pro or 8.1 you are right after some time drivers will automatically update themselves and there are no exclamation marks in any of the drivers.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot for all your prompt replies and patience with me.

Pls, continue to support others with your great knowledge.

In case, any issues arises or I will need any guidence, I will remember you. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.