Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I activated my windows 7 64 bit already and tried to install windows 10 using the Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool and the process you mentioned in the first few steps of this chain.

My windows 10 downloaded, updated and even installation was completed 100 percent after this my laptop restarted and I saw the message as working on the updates 5%. Don't turn off your PC this will take a while.

After this, I got the below error. I am not sure why I got the below error and what this error code means. Pls find the screenshot of the error in the below link and pls advise.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 3.03.48 PM.jpeg

I ran the memory diagnostic tool as I recently installed 2X4 GB RAM and there was no error in it.

I also ram CHKDSK and no error. Pls guide is it something related to the Processor of my laptop as the RAM is already updated.

Below are the details of My Laptop:

Product description: Compaq Presario CQ42-450TU Notebook PC
Product number: LD956PA
Microprocessor: 2.13 GHz Intel Pentium P6200

HP Recommended

OK, so you tried to upgrade by clicking on the Blue Update Now button and that failed.

How about making a DVD/USB flash drive of the very first W10 edition that came out, and run it from the desktop and see if that works.

Here is the link to the very first release of W10 (July of 2015).

https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_English_x64.iso?t=49de80fb-8171-44cf-be77-ce8b7c0c7...

The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive.  This will make the DVD or flash drive bootable (but you don't want to boot from it, or you will not get the free upgrade).

So after you make the media, have W7 running, plug the flash drive in a USB port or insert the DVD you made into the DVD drive.

Click on the Setup.exe icon to begin the upgrade process and cross your fingers.

You will be able to upgrade to the newest version of W10, after W10 installs updates.

I just did this with an old HP 6910p notebook that won't run W10 v2004 or the newest 20H2.

I had to go back, install the 1507 version and then I updated it to v1703 and left it there because the notebook runs best on that version.

The downside is I get no security updates other than to Windows Defender, but I don't care because it beats the entire notebook not working at all of the newer builds of W10.

The AMD x2300 graphics adapter the notebook has is no longer supported the new release of W10 but works fine on the older ones.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I did exactly what you mentioned in the above post. I downloaded the iso file of Windows 10 and created a bootable USB using the tool that you attached.

I clicked on the setup to install windows 10 and it was completed till 40% after that I got the below error. Not sure why I am unable to install windows 10 even the first version on my laptop. I upgraded ram to 4 GB and memory check, disk check all passed.

Not sure whats the problem. Pls have a look at the below error and advise how can we fix this and why I am getting this error.

I appreciate all your help, Paul. Also, I am confused as to why I am getting this error at 40% why not in the starting if anything is not compatible to install windows 10 on my notebook.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 7.54.30 PM.jpeg

HP Recommended

This windows 10 setup gave me the configuration error, I wonder if I need to configure any settings in windows 7 before initiating the installation of windows 10 so that I don't get this error again. Pls guide.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that even the first release of W10 didn't work.

Unfortunately, I don't have any clue why you can't get W10 to install, or what to do about it.

I would google the error and see if there are any tips out there that may work such as this one...

Fix: Windows could not Configure One or More System Components - Appuals.com

One of the suggestions was to update the wifi driver.  I see that your notebook comes with the Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR combination adapter.

This would be the latest W7 wifi driver for that model wifi card.

This package contains Broadcom Wireless LAN driver and is required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. This package also contains the Broadcom Wireless Utility application and IHV Extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66445.exe

If that doesn't help, you may want to see if anyone on the Microsoft Windows support forum can be of help to you.

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Pls, check the message that I got with the error code after my system undid all the changes of Windows 10. Maybe you can help.

Meanwhile, I will try the solution that you gave me and will let you know.

Thank you.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 8.13.27 PM.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Not sure why I am getting the below error when I am trying to download thedriver. Can you pls help to provide another link for me to download the driver?

Thanks

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access  on this server.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

This package contains Broadcom Wireless LAN driver and is required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. This package also contains the Broadcom Wireless Utility application and IHV Extensions that add support for Cisco Compatible Extensions.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver link works just fine for me.

What I have done is zipped and uploaded the file to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the folder with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=3Mj0tl

Download, unzip and run the file labeled sp66445.zip

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Then I was able to download and install the below wifi driver and again I tried installing the first version of windows 10 but this time as well I got the same error at 40%

I will try another option as shared by you in the link in a previous thread.

Could you pls let me know how can I check if the driver you asked me to install is correctly installed in my notebook. Is there any way to check the driver version?

***************************************************************************************************************************

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can check the driver version by going to the device manager.

Click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Broadcom wifi adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab, and according to the driver I posted, it should be version 6.30.223.228.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.