Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-d035dx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Laptop will not power on.

AC adaptor works, indicator light is white when plugged in.

After pressing power button the Wifi (F12) button LED blinks once - then nothing.

I've tried removing the battery, unplugging, holding the power button down for 15, 30 and 60 seconds and retried, but the same thing happens.

There is no fan or any sounds coming from the laptop, the only indication of life is the power LED and the single blink of the Wifi (F12) LED.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

HI @Ricecns,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you do have power to the notebook and the Wi-Fi light blinks but the notebook does not boot up.  You do not hear the fan or hard drive spin up.

Here  are two  links as a guide to help overcome this difficulty.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎 

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

Here is another document that may help.  

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up button below.

If this has helped to determine the difficulty please choose solution provided to help others.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

did you find any solution to your problem?

I have the exact same problem with my laptop since I opened it to clean the fan. I've seen some similar issues but the symptoms were not exactly the same (cap lock blinking, solid F12 led, etc.)

Marco

HP Recommended

Anyone have any luck with this? I have the exact problem and am finding little support. The HP documents were useless. This occurred after I changed the hard drive. Quick flash of F12 and then nothing. Ideas? HP? What would cause this?

HP Recommended
My system can't start when you push on d power button WiFi light blinks once and dats all pls help me
HP Recommended

I am seeing the same issue with my Pavilion D7 4100, any solutions to this problem?

HP Recommended

Hey @LaalB, welcome to the HP Forums! 

If you've completed the steps in the documents provided by @Sparkles in Message 2, I suggest calling in for repair or service. 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Best of luck!

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello, Happy new year also, i am having the exact problem as @Ricens ,

i had shut down my laptop yesterday morning and in the evening when i tried to work, i encountered the same problem, wifi (f12) light blinks when i try to put it on, tried going on youtube, tried the hard resets but nothings working???

Please is there a sure way out of this, it's a 2 months Old laptop also, so my power cable works.

Il be glad to get any help offered. Thank you 

HP Recommended

Links posted dont work for the problem.

Spoiler
:Crying:
HP Recommended

It's a shame that this question is so old, but for any others looking into this, what I did to resolve the issue was replace the battery.  First I did some trouble shooting by taking the back panel of the laptop off, then I disconnected the battery, plugged in the laptop and started it up.  Everything worked great once the battery was bypassed.  I turned it back off, plugged in the battery and tried to start the laptop.  Same problem as before, nothing powers up but the power button and the Wifi/F12 button blinks once.  The batterly looked to be in rough shape, as in slightly swollen.  I ordered the replacement today it was just under $40 on both two retail sites, one based upon a big box retailer, and one upon a large internet business that used to only sell books.  This was pretty easy for a fix, but don't attempt if you aren't prepared or experienced.  Your results may vary, and you are responsible for your own actions.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.