Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 2128sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Здравствуйте. Хочу настроить ноутбук так, чтоб работала только дискретная видео карта. Но в BIOS нет требуемых пунктов 😞 advanced settings не видно. Проц стоит A10-4600m, в нём то и надо отключить графику. Спасибо!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Anonymous

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I understand you want information on how to access the advanced options under BIOS,

HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance.

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance,

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used.

I hope you understand.

Click here for details on switchable graphics.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hello. I want to configure a laptop to work only a discrete video card. But the BIOS is not required points 😞 advanced settings is not visible. CPU is A10-4600m, there is and it is necessary to turn off the schedule. Thank you!
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Anonymous

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I understand you want information on how to access the advanced options under BIOS,

HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance.

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance,

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used.

I hope you understand.

Click here for details on switchable graphics.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In many applications, running an Integrated chip. Moreover this same chip RAM reserves. When you purchase the device, managers advertise discrete chip. Even when forced tuning applications often is active it is an Integrated chip, rather than discrete. Therefore it requires expansion BIOS settings.

HP Recommended

@Anonymous

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If you are unable to make necessary changes using the application for switchable graphics as mentioned on the previously shared link,

Click here to make changes in BIOS (although advanced options are locked, you should find other options).

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went to the link and saw

HP Notebook PCs - OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics

That would be AMD + AMD, not Intel + AMD.

Thank you for trying to help me 🙂

HP Recommended

Безымянный.jpg

HP Recommended

@Anonymous

Thank you for replying,

The pleasure is all mine,

I'm afraid I cannot view the image you've shared at this time,

that said, I would recommend you to go through the Articles I've shared as it should help you resolve these issues,

if they don't, you might want to contact hp for further assistance.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.