Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My up presario CQ40 series popped with the message enter adminstrator password and I tried my regular pass word that I always use to log in to no avail the system disable message came up as 58530902 if anyone can figure out the power on pass it would be greatly appericated.

help me, please!

System Disable
Key: 58530902

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Try this Password:

or

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Please use the Password given to you in my previous post and follow the below shown steps:

1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS

2. Disable all passwords that are enabled

3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code

4. For new password, just press ENTER key

5. Repeat the same for verify password column.

6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

Troubleshooting:

Incase if the Password doesn’t work please try a Hard Reset as follows.

1. Shut down the notebook

2. Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery

3. Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds

4. Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook

5. If you now see a password box, Please type the same Password I shared before and press enter

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is another post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/enter-administrator-password-HP-compaq-c...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
System disable 56540776
Compaq presario CQ40
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.