Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

then it may or may not scrool down on scrool bar o the sound last for a 1 min or 2min ,if i hit the esc botton it stop with in a few secound after that ,i have vista ,i reloaded it with my copy disks it did not help ,when it the PC warm up it work ok ,so when i shut it down and restart it will all ways do the  beeping sound ? i trier the taking the battery out  and doing the un plug and hold down the power botton for 15 secound s and plug in and hold down power botton again ,that work for a while ,but then it started acting up again

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi Bikerider123,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your Compaq Presario CQ60  Notebook and getting a blank or LED beeps on startup. Try performing a hard reset. Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. Here is a listing of blank screen LED error codes.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

sorry that did not work and i could not down load hp  or do not have hp assistant or down load it ,it wors abit if i leave the battery out the hole proses ,but wehn everything is put back .and i restart beep sound so i hit esc button and that help shut it off soon er or wait til the beeeeping stops

HP Recommended

Hi Bikerider123,

Have you made any changes to the computer as in memory? You could try restoring default settings on the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

this happen about a year a go the beeping sound that is ,had a guy replace the hard drive, i gess the  C drive , it  was doing the same thing beeping,at that time, it worked up to this point, , i have just reinstalled windows vista with recovery disk that they let you down load on to disk or a copy of vista,so any how i did the the reinstall to try to get reed of the beeeping sound and it did not work ,or to fix it the problem and it did not work , it still beeps and ipush the Esc button that stops the sound and then windows loads and some times it dose not scrool  when i go to a window until it warms up or i reboot it , thank s 

HP Recommended
I will look at bios default
HP Recommended

restoring default settings on the bios did not work thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Bikerider123,

Thank you for all the information. It really helps. With the HDD being replaced it could have bumped or jarred something else. The beeping or flashing is an indication of a hardware issue. Could I get you to start with reseating the HDD, Trying to start if that does not help try reseating the memory.

Could you tell me the flashing sequence?

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

what dose reseating mean and what do you do when when reseating thankyou

HP Recommended

Hey Bikerider123,

Remove the HDD and put it back in. Try the same with the memory. Here is a video on Notebook repair from Youtube.

In the video for memory advance to 17:30. Right after that is the HDD replacing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.