Did you mean: 
DraganDA
Level 2
13 12 0 6
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So no HP employee activity ???

Few weeks ago and no response or driver updates nor fixes to the delayed fan problem........

Such a lack of interest....

0 Kudos
bill_p2
Level 1
2 2 0 2
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

we spent 1500 euro (or more maybe) for no support, the problem start from bios, in hp spectre late 2018 we have the same problem with delayed fans and 90 degree temperature. They should understand that we have premium laptop and we need premium support. 

Utkarsh6
1 1 0 1
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem - delayed fans kick in. I am worried that this will affect the longevity of the laptop. 
As it seems a software problem, will getting a replacement help?

@HP - Will there be a software update to fix this or not?

TheJoyBoy
3 3 0 1
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As someone who already sent it in for repair once, I was not impressed that the same problem arose again only a month later. I realised this may just be a software problem. I updated everything on both windows update and HP support center, only to realise that a lot of the updates would just fail. 

I finally found a fix. I went to device manager, chose Firmware, and from there you just look for driver updates (BIOS Updates). This will prompt a restart and the BIOS will be updated. Since the update the fans actually turn on again and the laptop is back to being a beast.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation