Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15 - eh1557ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi everyone , i need to change my VRAM :

initial VRAM : 512 mb  --> needed VRAM: 2gb

But to change VRAM, i need to access advanced Bios options , which is locked in this pc ( hp pavilion 15 - eh11557ng) all i ask is either help me to access advaced Bios options to change my VRAM Or manipulate my pc to change my VRAM. i tried  many combination key but without letting me unhide the advanced bios options.  

the 512 mb in the VRAM harm my laptop badly , because the usage of VRAM can reach 102 % just with normal games😣😥😓

the specs of my laptop: 

• RAM:16 GB
  • PROCESSOR: AMD RYZEN 5500u 
  • INTEGRATED GRAPHIC CARD : AMD RADEON VEGA 7 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@braverayo 

You are incorrect -- in that I never claimed that HP has the means to unlock Advanced BIOS options, because to do that, they would have to be able to "burn' unlocked BIOS code into the firmware of the BIOS chip on your laptop, and of course, they have to way to do that, nor do you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@braverayo 

You can't make those changes -- as  HP has locked out the Advanced BIOS settings and there is no way to access those.

HP Recommended

So HP has the possibility to to unlock bios advanced options : if i knew that HP has locked those options and sentenced to death this laptop , i would never buy it , and if someone asked me about hp laptop i will advise him to stay away from hp laptops . restrict VRAM to 512mb is a bad thing for users and for laptop itself , launch a low spec game and having 102% usage of its VRAM is HARMFULL for the laptop . If only a HP technician help me i will be grateful .

HP Recommended

@braverayo 

You are incorrect -- in that I never claimed that HP has the means to unlock Advanced BIOS options, because to do that, they would have to be able to "burn' unlocked BIOS code into the firmware of the BIOS chip on your laptop, and of course, they have to way to do that, nor do you.

HP Recommended

thank you for your reply , another question pls:  HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 15-ec2200nf AMD ryzen 5600H  8Go 512 ssd gtx-1650 

has the same restricted vram in bios settings or no 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.