Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio9480m Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please provide me with the smc.bin file of machine: [serial number removed] UUID: 7F06A59823BFE411BDE62414E402E0FF THE DEVICE NAME IS HP ELITEBOOK FOLIO 9480m NOTEBOOK I'll be very thankful to you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is a thread on that subject.  Read thru the thread and follow the links.  Forum users cannot supply that file.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/SMC-bin-for-Elitebook-folio-9470m/td-p/604...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I contacted HP support who said they will not do this "due to security reason."

They are only interested in sending me a quote to replace the system board on a chargeable basis.

For an expensive business laptop as this was, this is such a rubbish customer experience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.