Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
430 g4 y7z52ea ?
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Здравствуйте!  AIDA64 показывает доступно 32gb памяти в поддержке hp 16gb  и АИДА64 и поддержка показывают максимальная частота 2133mz ноутбук купил с памятью 2400mz  у меня такой вопрос: кто врёт?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The i5-7200 processor can only run memory at a max speed of 2,400 MHz.

Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz) Product Specifications

The service manual indicates the max is 2 x 16 GB of memory,

HP ProBook 430 G4 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

It's not a matter of who is lying...it is a matter of what memory configurations HP tested in the model series.

However, even the Crucial memory report indicates the max is 2 x 8 GB of memory, and they usually will indicate if more is supported.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | probook | ProBook 430 G4 | Crucial.com

If you want to try installing 32 GB of memory, I recommend you buy one 16 GB chip and add it to the existing one.

If the PC works and reports 20 GB of memory, then you should be able to add a second 16 GB memory bar and have 32 GB.

HP Recommended

Вы ещё больше запутали меня, я пенсионер, и для меня 5500рублей приличная сумма, а именно столько надо, чтобы проверить права аида64 или нет другого способа нет?

HP Recommended

What I recommend you do if money is an issue, would be to stick with what the manual indicates...2 x 8 GB.

Normally you don't need more than 16 GB of memory anyway for most purposes.

Here is a screenshot of the Windows resource monitor report of my PC's memory usage with 32 GB of memory installed...notice that my PC is not using over 23 GB (11%) of the installed memory.

That means if I only had 16 GB of memory installed, it would be using around 22% of 16 GB of memory, still leaving me plenty of free memory.

Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Hey @pro100volodya 

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

@Paul_Tikkanen 

Thanks for always helping !

And a merry christmas to both 🙂

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Marcus.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.