Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp notebook:15q-bu100tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a hp notebook i.e. 15q-bu100tu a year ago and the first 3 to 4 months it did not have any issues and I gave it to service center when the touchpad was not working properly and that issue was resolved. But now I have another issue with 100% disk usage.

When I use my laptop one day and kept shutdown for 3 to 4 days and when I again start the computer it uses 100% disk usage without any application running . Even after 5 minutes of working simply, it shows 100% usage and when I connect my laptop to internet disk usage jumps from 60% to 100% like lightning-fast. Then it gets stuck like anything. please provide a solution to this.

Another problem is that when I open my chrome it takes about 2 to 3 min to open it .sometimes it shows that "not responding" whereas firefox opens within 1minute. please provide a solution to it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You need to run a hardware diagnostic on the hard drive. Tap esc as you power up then choose F2 and look through the menu for storage/hard drive and run the long form test. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You need to run a hardware diagnostic on the hard drive. Tap esc as you power up then choose F2 and look through the menu for storage/hard drive and run the long form test. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.