Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-as133cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to add ssd to this laptop. 

I found on service manual that motherboard also have the possibility to put there 512-GB, M2, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive supporting TLC 857487-001 

is it instead of HDD or additional to already existing HDD? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes your PC supports M2 drives (PCIe or SataIII) which you can install in the M2 slot. This is in addition to the regular Hard drive. If you choose this option the fastest performer will be the PCIe NVMe drives. You should reinstall windows 10 and applications on this drive which will greatly improve performance of your PC. Use the regular drive for data such as photos, music, films etc...

Let me know if you need further help,

David

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes your PC supports M2 drives (PCIe or SataIII) which you can install in the M2 slot. This is in addition to the regular Hard drive. If you choose this option the fastest performer will be the PCIe NVMe drives. You should reinstall windows 10 and applications on this drive which will greatly improve performance of your PC. Use the regular drive for data such as photos, music, films etc...

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

Can anyone confirm success in installing NVMe on the standard 15-as133cl that came with 1TB HDD.

Earlier models of Envy 15t that was bought with HDD had problems accepting NVMe because of firmware lockout.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I installed it but no luck yet booting from SSD. I cloned it with Acronis but it doesn't start. On startup I get INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and upon restart error 0xc0000001.

HP tech support on phone or chat is useless.

Would really appreciate help in solving this.

HP Recommended

I also was not able to make ssd bootable. 

The only way is to put bootloader on hdd and system on ssd. 

looking good. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer. 

I know about this option, but manual says it can work with SSD only, which means somehow it can be made bootable.

I'll be fiddling with it tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Do you think it is an Acronis fail? or is it not even possible for the HP machine to recognize the NVMe as a drive?

In other words, if you think it would have worked as a additional hard drive (non-bootable), then it is an Acronis fail.

HP Recommended
Don't know whose fault it is, but I got it working. With both disks inside laptop I started an admin command prompt and used diskpart command. List vol showed all 4 volumes. Used select volume 2 then assign letter S. Volume 2 was UEFI, the only one with fat32 type. Type exit to get out of diskpart. To copy bootloader to EFI partition type Bcdboot c:\Windows /s S: and press enter. Then type exit again. Upon reboot I got the error again, laptop restarted and gave me an option to select startup type. Selected Safe Mode and it did work. Upon startup completion I restarted laptop and everything works.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback and especially for the instructions. All seems complex now..but I believe that once I have the computer in front of me I might be able to follow it. Will order 15-as133cl next week.

HP Recommended

Javal,

Were you able to get the SSD set up and working as the boot drive?

Thanks...

--

Bill

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.