Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi can i upgrade my laptop 15-d009tx from mechanical hardrive to ssd.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are running it through an adapter that may or may not be compatible with this system. I will be convinced when it does not see a known working current model 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Yes you can replace the 2.5 inch drive with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. On your model it is not the easiest procedure, however. 

See p. 81 of the Manual here:

Manual

It takes removal of the top cover which involves quite a few screws and separation of plastic that sometimes does not want to separate easily. 

Then we need to discuss how you will get software installed on the SSD. If you have made a recovery disk it will be much easier and you can likely still do that before doing the hardware swap. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

hi. thanks for the reply.

I follow the step. then clone my system image, then insert my ssd. but it cant detect my ssd. i try to search it in bios but cant find it too.  after 3 to 4 times reboot now my ssd is dead. i try to put another ssd from my second laptop, clone system image but the result is same, it cant detect my ssd. but this time i immediately power down and disconnect my second ssd and put it in second laptop luckily it boot up fine. now i put back the original mechanical drive but my first ssd is dead even i put in in other laptop and desktop 😞

HP Recommended

What was the model of the SSD? Even if it was not working with the system it should not be "dead". 

HP Recommended

it is SSDSA1M160G2GN 1.8" intel ssd that i bought from local pc shop and it is second-hand or used ssd. i use 1.8" micro sata to 2.5" sata adaptor to install it in drive bay. and 2 of my laptop use the same method, lenovo t61 and acer aspire 2930 run pretty well. please help.

for the dead ssd, i try to connect it as external drive to usb port, but nothing shows in the drive management. 

HP Recommended

Then there is something wrong with that dead ssd. The laptop did not kill it. 

HP Recommended

Yeah maybe.

how about second ssd? bios still cant detect it

HP Recommended

You are running it through an adapter that may or may not be compatible with this system. I will be convinced when it does not see a known working current model 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.