Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-by2000 Laptop PC series (7EF33AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very frustrating that the "generic" service manual mentions that you can install a M.2 SSD or Optane Mem module, only to find out that mine didn't come with the parts needed to add one:

Solid-state drive bracket part # L22535-001
Solid-state drive connector board Part # L22542-001
Solid-state drive cable part # L22527-001

I have been unable to find these parts. If HP had their act together, they would have an upgrade kit available in their online store (DUH), or better yet, have included the parts in the first place!?! Save $20 on brackets/cables and render certain models "un-upgradeable" is lame. Not having an available upgrade kit is even more shameful. 

Anybody know an HP parts supplier that had these types of things? Not happy about this one bit. HP has been in the PC market long enough to know that folks want upgrade options, and manuals that apply to MY SPECIFIC MODEL, with an INCLUDED parts list that matches. Not some generic that may or may not apply. Get it together! This is not 1990

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

And for the record, I found a few pages mentioning the partsurfer subdomain here, and it sounds like what I need to find (hopefully) those 3 parts HOWEVER the server is down. Go figure...

partsurfer.hp.com needs attention - somebody reboot please!

HP Recommended

Soooo
http://partsurfer.hp.com/ doesn't respond. (This is the link provided by this site on several pages)
https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer loads just fine....smdh

L22535-001 Part is on backorder, quantity in stock is 0  
SSD BRACKET

$44.79 ??!!!!!!?!?!

L22527-001 Part is on backorder, quantity in stock is 0  
SSD CABLE

44.12 ?????????

SO, the connector board (Arguably the most important component), does NOT come up at all. The other 2 parts do, but almost $45.00 each??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They are both listed as on backorder, which I assume actually means discontinued.

HP Recommended

And to be fair, after upgrading to 32GB DRAM (paired 16GBx2) and replacing the WD Blue drive with a SATA SSD replacement - this laptop is MUCH faster and so far is performing great. I was just hoping to take it to the next level with an M.2 bus drive (Which I already purchased, as the manual showed it as an option.. sigh). 

I run a lot of media-centric graphics and audio apps, often simultaneously - so every performance edge I can get makes a difference. This is a laptop that my boss purchased for me at Costco, and he was very surprised to learn it wasn't an SSD to begin with. Other than the "missing" components I need, I am very happy with this laptop, and I do put it to the test daily.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.