6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

2 HDDs for Presario C700?

HP Recommended
Presario C700
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Back again with another question. So I bought another HDD with a caddy and I did what I must do: Upgrade the laptop. I bought this laptop from someone else and it came with no screw for the DVD player. Having said that, removing DVD player was a piece of cake but when I install the caddy, it's.... confusion. First of all I noted how loose it is inside the space. Because I don't want to take this thing apart so I just put it in so that it fits. Secondly after booting up and going into disk management, no second HDD. So do I have to take this thing apart or the missing screw is the solution for all of this? I have check so that the SATA port is where it's supposed to be. 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
47,869 42,116 4,629 12,308
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried the Diskpart utility at the Command-line to see if the disk is present but simply does not have volume created?

Invoke a command line window by typing CMD in the search box and pressing the enter key. 

Once the command line dialogue window is open type in diskpart and press enter.

Now enter the commands as you see them in the image below.

diskpart.png 

To exit the command line simply type in the word  exit and press the enter key. You might have to do it twice.

If you don't see it in DiskPart it means there is no SATA connection and  really don't see any  other option other than opening up the notebook to see if the connection is being made. 

No SATA connection will mean BIOS and OS won't recognize the HDD as being present.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Spoiler
Ok so there are clearly 2 disk but disk 1’s status is No Media. 
0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
6 4 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After taking the laptop apart I discovered the SATA connection is too old for my caddy so... yeah. Problem solved I guess?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation