Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G72 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error message on Start UP Test - Failure ID 9K3X1G-0009MN-XD003F-C0D803  That was the first error code yesterday.  Today same except last six  C0DQ03.

Product ID: XN517UA#ABA

Have two batteries.  First error was with battery that showed: 49% available (plugged in, charging).  Second error code with battery icon reads: 100% available (plugged in,charging)

When unplug either, notebook does not go to battery, shuts down and will not reboot on battery. Plug in and will power up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The cells are full of stored electricity but there is some problem with the smart chip which controls letting power in and out so the battery may hold a full charge but is still defective hence the error code. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Error Code translates as a failure of Battery 1 which is the main battery. It needs to be replaced. 

HP Recommended

I guess I don't understand why the battery icon lower right with the battery I have in right now is showing : 100% available (plugged in, charging)IMG_3796.jpg

HP Recommended

The cells are full of stored electricity but there is some problem with the smart chip which controls letting power in and out so the battery may hold a full charge but is still defective hence the error code. 

HP Recommended

Huffer

Want to thank you for the explanation. I forgot I had another G72 with the Hard drive out, but would still power on AC but I’m trying either battery would not. Bought new battery which came today, installled it and unit operates off of battery. 

Thanks again!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.