Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am pulling my hair out with the faulty hardware on my Pavilion Gaming. I got this laptop as a Christmas gift after my previous laptop (a no-name HP 15-bs033cl, I remember the model number as it failed so many times) was becoming a problem. Over the past three months (conveniently after the warranty expired), the Bluetooth & Wireless modules have started intermittently disappearing in Windows, the left USB port has quit working, and the touchpad has started behaving erratically, which has essentially almost rendered this $700+ computer almost useless at times. I have had no luck with drivers, and I will not reset Windows as I know it is a hardware problem as the Bluetooth module would disappear and reappear when I lightly bump my computer.

I do not have the funds to buy a new computer (and I shouldn't have to) or get it repaired as the warranty expired right before I started having problems. For the amount of money it was worth when it was new, it should not be having problems already, and it's concerning as this laptop was given to me to use throughout college and I haven't even started college courses yet. I would buy the parts and fix it myself but at this price point, and the complexity level of the internal layout, I don't think it would be worth it. Is there any way I can get this resolved for little or no cost? HP products have given me grief in the past, but I really do like the design and form factor that they provide so I am at odds right now.

Edit: Someone else has suggested to boot into a Live Linux distro from a USB drive and test the devices there, as well as digging into my machine and cleaning the connectors on offending parts with IPA and reseating them. This poses another problem as I have tried taking my machine apart in the past to clean and dust off the cooling system, and had no luck getting further than removing the case screws as it seems like there are some strong snaps holding the bottom panel in place. Any suggestions on how to remove the bottom panel without breaking any of the snaps?

~ bmk3k ~
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bmk3k, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.