Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Been trying to hook up my elitebook to 3 monitors on my HP Advanced Docking Station 230W model A7E36AA

Got 2 monitors on DVI and 1 on Displayport, however it can only detect 2 screens!

Checked online and the 8570p should be able to support 3 ?

Anyone know what is causing this?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Although 3 video outs are supported, you can not have all digital ports. The advanced dock has 2 dvi and 2 dp ports + vga port. Each dvi port is shared with a dp port so you can use either dvi or dp of the ports that are stack together. your 3rd display can be internal panel or use of the vga port. Or you can also use one of HP's usb-video adapters to get 3rd or more videos connected

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I am trying to get two HP DVI monitors and the laptop screen to act as three extended dektop monitors using the advanced docking station, but everytime I try to add the second DVI monitor it says it can't save the configuration.  Is there a way to use the advanced docking station with either the laptop screen and two external DVI monitors; two DVI monitors and one VGA monitor; or one DVI, one VGA, and the laptop screen?

HP Recommended

The EliteBook 8570p could be configured with Intel embedded or AMD HD Radeon graphics. Note that the Intel embedded graphics only supports 2 video streams and therefore only 2 independent displays can be configured. You should be able to configure 3 displays with the AMD discrete graphics by using the AMD control panel 

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Does the embedded Intel support more than two monitors if a USB monitor is used?

HP Recommended

I am having trouble getting a 3 screen to show.  I have a laptop 8570p and a second monitor.  I want to add a 3rd monitor and am having trouble.  I have a docking station.  Can someone help?

HP Recommended

please assist.. i have a 8750w connected to an advanced workstation..main display is the internal lcd.. i attach a monitor  to a dp port and get a 2nd display ..i attach a 3rd display to the 15pin vga port and the internal lcd display disappears (gets disconnected) & dp port & vga port displays remain.. for the life of me i cant get the three displays to co exist.. where am i going wrong?

HP Recommended

I have the HP8570p with AMD graphic processor. I have a monitor with DVI and another with VGA. I want to have the two connected besides the internal panel of the laptop (= 3 displays).

I tried this with the laptop alone, the tiny docking station and the extended docking station, all with 250 W power supply. In either configuration the DVI and internal panel work fine together. But when I connect the VGA monitor the internal panel is disconnected and only the external VGA and DVI remains. Is the internal panel considered to be connected to VGA?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.