Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp EliteBook 840 g3

I have Hp 840 g3 

I want to upgrade my memory and use 3200mhz stick instead of 2133mhz one 

i don’t care about speed but I need it for future laptop if I bought a ddr4 one .

will it work ? Also , I have win 10 pro with 4096mb shared vram , macOS Sonoma with 1536 mb vram . Will vram in any one of them get increased of upgraded my memory from 8 to 16 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the DDR4-3200 CL22 memory will work fine and automatically bridge to 2133 MHz because that is as fast as your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

I have found that most of the time my onboard Intel graphics memory has increased when adding additional memory.

It depends on each model Intel GPU's max shared system memory allocation is, and I don't know what yours is.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the DDR4-3200 CL22 memory will work fine and automatically bridge to 2133 MHz because that is as fast as your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

I have found that most of the time my onboard Intel graphics memory has increased when adding additional memory.

It depends on each model Intel GPU's max shared system memory allocation is, and I don't know what yours is.

HP Recommended

Thanks for help but how to edit video shared memory on windows 

I have 6300u with intel hd 520 4gb vram on 8gb ram

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is no way to change the amount of shared system memory unless there is a setting in the BIOS to do so.

Most HP notebooks do not have such a setting.

If the shared system memory increases with the addition of another 8 GB memory chip, that would be automatic.

HP Recommended

Thanks for help

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.