Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 9470m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I currently have a work issued 9470m HP laptop, and am looking for a new external monitor.  Am really hoping that this computer can display 3440x1440 resolution, but am not sure how to verify before purchasing. I was told that since it has a display port connection it shouldn't be a problem, but I feel like that might not be the limiting factor here with an older computer.  Has anyone with this laptop tried to run a 3440x1440 display? Would love to hear from you regarding your experience.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can't find any firm information in HP documentation, but online searches relating to the Intel HD 4000 GPU in your system suggest the maximum resolution via DisplayPort might be 2560x1600 @ 60Hz and this resolution seems to be the official limit. There are indications from some that programming custom modes at 30Hz allows higher resolutions.

I would see if you can program a custom resolution in the video driver for 3440x1440. Even if you can, the performance might not be great; this is an older system and the GPU might be poorly optimised for high resolution screens.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I can't find any firm information in HP documentation, but online searches relating to the Intel HD 4000 GPU in your system suggest the maximum resolution via DisplayPort might be 2560x1600 @ 60Hz and this resolution seems to be the official limit. There are indications from some that programming custom modes at 30Hz allows higher resolutions.

I would see if you can program a custom resolution in the video driver for 3440x1440. Even if you can, the performance might not be great; this is an older system and the GPU might be poorly optimised for high resolution screens.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, really appreciate your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.