Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15-ck0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, yesterday I updated my windows to 1803 version and the 3D driveguard stopped working, I tried to reinstall it from the  HP support assistant software but, at the end of the process, it tells me that it is unable to install it.

Anyone with a fix? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lucas91

Please download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Lucas91

Please download and install

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you.

The HP support assistant still gives me the warning about the driver but i thik the installation went through successfully.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and also attempted to install the referenced SP.  It appears to run and terminates with no reported errors.  However, the DriveGuard SW is not installed.  The log file (C:\SYSTEM.SAV\logs\HP3DDG.log) contains the following error:

MSI (s) (F8:48) [12:35:51:403]: 'ARPPRODUCTICON.exe' icon will be removed.
MSI (s) (F8:48) [12:35:51:403]: Skipping action: UninstalDriver_32 (condition is false)
MSI (s) (F8:48) [12:35:51:403]: Doing action: UnInstallDriver_64
Action ended 12:35:51: InstallInitialize. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (F8:48) [12:35:51:403]: Note: 1: 1721 2: UnInstallDriver_64 3: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP 3D DriveGuard\Driver\ 4: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP 3D DriveGuard\Driver\hpInstDrv64.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP 3D DriveGuard\Driver\accelerometer.inf" /removedrv
Action start 12:35:51: UnInstallDriver_64.
MSI (s) (F8:48) [12:35:51:403]: Product: HP 3D DriveGuard -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: UnInstallDriver_64, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP 3D DriveGuard\Driver\, command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP 3D DriveGuard\Driver\hpInstDrv64.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP 3D DriveGuard\Driver\accelerometer.inf" /removedrv

The accelerometer installation appears to have failed on the prior support assistant install failure.  The device manager shows that the  the driver for the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor was installed but the accelerometer was not started.  It has the following message in the driver properties screen:

Device ACPI\HPQ6007\3&11583659&1 requires further installation.

System is an HP Envy 15t running 64-bit Windows 10 Home.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

worked fine for me!

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi it seems the above link does not work. You can use this link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88501-89000/sp88981.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.