Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade the memory on my HP/Compaq 6910p, from 1+1 gb to 2+2 gb. But to my surprise it still only registers a total of 2 gb, not 4. And if I remove one of the 2gb modules it only registers 1gb?! What am I missing? The memory is KVR667, so according to specs it should work nicely!

Hope someone can help me out..!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi , Have you tried flashing your BIOS for up to date version ?? Sometimes RAM upgrades can require a BIOS update . Also what version of windows are you running ? 32 bit systems only show a maximum of 3GB of RAM even if you installed 4GB . Also did you check the capacity of the RAM upgrade your board can handle ?? . Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Ok everybody... never trust the person who buys the hardware... After racking my brain every other way, I finally resorted to actually reading on the label of the so-dimm-kit... and there it says... 2x1... :HalfEyes: So... Nothing was wrong, the good old 6910p was not at all to blame. Thanks anyway for all efforts!

And this time I will buy the dimms myself...

/Fredrik

HP Recommended

Glad that you got everything figured out!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
I am typing this on my Compaq 6910P which I absolutely adore and will give it up only when people pry it from my cold, dead hands. Stupid Question #01: Did you seat the RAM in properly? Stupid Question #02 Are you using the RIGHT RAM? Your STONE COLD UNIT should be using 2DDR SDRAM & not 3DDR SDRAM. CRUICAL makes a software test (free to determine which SDRAM your unit takes. Patriot 2DDR PC2 6400 800hz is the one I am using (2 Sticks @ 2GB RAM each or 2.99GB usable RAM) There are different models of the Compaq 6910P so you need to state yer stats first. IF you are driving a T7100 or T7300, you are WIN 10 compatable. IF you are like me and driving a MID 2008 model Core Dual T7500 2.2Gz (Momma Bear version) you have to stick with WIN7 PRO. If you are driving a T7100 (1.8GHz) or a T7300 (2.0Ghz) you have the Intel integrated VRAM 64MB DDR3 /294 MB shared).
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.