Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 convertible 11m-ad0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have two very similar HP Pavilion laptops. The chargers are almost identical. When the incorrect charger is connected, the screen on my notebook will shut off. However, I'm almost certain I'm using my power cord.

How do I identify which power cord I am using and whether it matches my notebook and not my spouse's? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@woznia17 

You do not supply the model/product of EACH machine therefore I can't say which one is which. The series uses 3 different AC Adapters

• 65 W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, EM, RC, 4.5 mm) for use in all countries and regions part # 913691-850
  • 45 W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, RC, 4.5 mm) for use in all countries and regions part #  741553-850
  • 45 W AC adapter (non-PFC, SB, 4.5 mm) for use only in Argentina part #  741553-852

Your machine may actually require higher wattage adapter (65W) therefore 45W is not enough. You can turn up-side-down EACH charger to look at their power ratings.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.