Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 360x 14m-cd0000 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an M2 SDD.  Can I add a 2nd SDD to the 2.5 bay that is empty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have integrated graphics so it's not a "plus".  You need one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L18225-001-Hp-Hard-Drive-Caddy-14M-CD0001D/163247428862?hash=item26024e14fe...

The 9mm adapter is a little plastic plate that goes on top of the SSD to make it thicker. Your laptop is able to use either 7mm thick (like your SSD) or 9.5 mm thick (what it would be if you add the adapter) so you don't need the adapter but could use it. 

The laptop will come without the caddy or cable so until you buy those you cannot install your SSD. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes but you likely need mounting hardware i.e. a caddy and cable and those are not easy to find. People generally put a mechanical hard drive in that space due to cost and the speed of an SSD is not really needed or very helpful in a pure storage drive but a 2.5 inch SATA SSD can be used. 

Hard drive rubber sleeve for use in full-featured models L18225-001

Hard drive rubber sleeve for use in full-featured plus models L18226-001

Hard drive foil L20549-001

Hard drive cable L18218-001

You can live without the foil but you do need the cable for sure and the rubber sleeve. You give the generic model series but not a specific model so I do not know if you need the full featured or "plus" version. 

Your Service Manual

Cable:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Drive-HDD-Cable-HP-Pavilion-X360-14M-CD0001DX-14m-cd0006dx-14M-CD0005D...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x360m Convertible  Model 14m-cd0006dx     Prod ID:  5BM74UA#ABA

I have no idea if I'm "plus" or not. 😞

THe SDD I ordered said it also comes with a 9MM adapter (though I'm not sure what I'm adapting but I'm ready if needed).

HP Recommended

You have integrated graphics so it's not a "plus".  You need one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L18225-001-Hp-Hard-Drive-Caddy-14M-CD0001D/163247428862?hash=item26024e14fe...

The 9mm adapter is a little plastic plate that goes on top of the SSD to make it thicker. Your laptop is able to use either 7mm thick (like your SSD) or 9.5 mm thick (what it would be if you add the adapter) so you don't need the adapter but could use it. 

The laptop will come without the caddy or cable so until you buy those you cannot install your SSD. 

HP Recommended

Thank you Huffer!   I had all the components together with the new HD and it all went in so easy.    Way easier on this model to just add that secondary disk than to go in and fuss with changing out the original M.2 to a larger one.     You're the best!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.