Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15s-fq1510na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

image.jpg

Hello, I’m looking to install a new 8gb RAM next to the current 4gb ram however the 2nd RAM slot has different clips for which do not allow installation of the new RAM, it’s states DDR4 H=4.0R And it had two metal clips point up stopping the ram from being installed? Please see picture attached 

If this is not for RAM are you about to advise what this slot would be used for?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

It sure looks the same to me.

Did you read the service manual for how to spread open the clips?

See chapter 5, pp 31-32...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06403451

HP Recommended

5E4EB4BB-DC99-4789-A8E3-71F8A24F4862.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

So the memory doesn't go over those clips on an angle into the slot, and you can't push down on it to lock it in?

If not, I have no idea what the problem could be.

I checked the specs and it indicates that there are two memory slots.  That is definitely a memory slot.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

you are able to put the card in at a angle however unfortunately it doesn’t clip down due to the two metal parts which are blocking it from clicking into place, I have a feeling it might brake the RAM so do not want to force

is this something you are able to look into or do I need to contact hp directly? Would there be an adaptor I need to buy?  

HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to contact HP directly.  I would have no idea who to contact. It might be a design flaw or defect.

You can call HP at the number for computing products for home at the link below.

https://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

If you can figure out what the issue is, please post back and let us know.

HP Recommended

IMG_20200326_120600.jpg

IMG_20200326_120627.jpg

IMG_20200326_120652.jpg

  

you need to push harder. The 2 extra metal pieces are designed to fit in the little holes on the RAM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.