Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. A simple feature request. HP , 2018 HP Spectre x360, and most, if not all, HP Business laptops come with a battery charging limiting feature (to influentially halt charging at 80% to prolong battery longevity), to stop excessive charging to 100%, when the laptop is mostly used on AC power. This HP feature is called the "Battery Health Manager" or "Battery Care Function":

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-care-function-in-BIOS/...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Configuring-battery-charging-limit-to-desired-value-7...

The benefits of this are clearly explained here (and that's why HP offers it on many of their laptops): it can greatly extend the longevity of the non-user-replaceable battery  (the battery can always hold a full charge for longer). 

The current latest late 2019 HP Envy x360 13 (w/ AMD Ryzen 3/5/7) does not have this "Battery Health Manager" nor "Battery Care Function" feature. Why was this critical feature omitted and can future BIOS updates please include this feature? It would really round out a very good laptop to make it even better. 

This post is about limiting the charge intentionally to prolong battery HEALTH (not battery life). 

Ideally, you can forward this request to the HP development/engineering teams who can consider this for an upcoming UEFI/BIOS or HP software update.

The "Battery Care Function" or the "Battery Health Manager" that HP has allowed on OTHER HP laptops, but not on the late 2019 HP Spectre x360. We would like to request that feature be developed for this laptop.  This is a feature request, not a bug report or technical failure.

c06466017.gifi6j0mVm.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

After chatting with HP customer service they informed me the feature is not available and have no idea how to reach the development team.

HP Recommended

I hope some one from the technical team can reply

HP Recommended

@Mada22009

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and we truly appreciate this Feedback

As you mentioned the Notebook was designed without this feature. I will cascade your feedback to our R & D Team and they will check the feasibility and possibility of implementing this feature on these models

We value your feedback and thank you for reaching out to us

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

You are welcome and we do appreciate your feedback. Any feedback from our customers that can help us improve on the product is always welcome. ☺️

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear sir, was there any progress on this request?

HP Recommended

@Mada22009

This process usually takes a long time since it has to go through different teams.

If ever it is implemented and approved, then it will be sent through an update through HPSA

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.