Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15T 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community,

I looked over the BIOS options of my nice new Specte x360 and found the Battery care function that I can set to 50, 80 and 100%. 

So my initial thought was that I finally have a function that stop micro charging my battery if it is drained just for a low percentage once I attache the charger. So I set it to 50% and yes, it will not charge if the battery is above 50%. 

Unfortunately my thoughts were wrong. As soon as the battery is below 50% it will start charging once I connect AC power but it will charge only to 50%! Not sure how this can save the battery, so anybody an idea if this is by design or a glitch in the software?

My personal opinion is that it should indeed not start charging until my battery is below 50% but then start charging until it is at 100%.

What do you thing?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Happy Holidays from The Netherlands 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Matti69,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the battery care feature on the BIOS is to stop charging the battery at a certain percentage based on the customer preference. If the battery percentage goes below the set level then it will start charging the battery again to the set level. At this point in time, that is the only feature/option available.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Matti69,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the battery care feature on the BIOS is to stop charging the battery at a certain percentage based on the customer preference. If the battery percentage goes below the set level then it will start charging the battery again to the set level. At this point in time, that is the only feature/option available.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, The_Fossette for your answer,

so it solves one part of the post, the question if this is by design or a glitch. It is by design.

Anyway, the name “Battery care function” is in my opinion strange and the function should be implemented in a different way. For now I see that 30 persons have read my post but only you gave an answer. Perhaps this is the wrong place for these kind of discussions, so I will mark it as solved. 

Perhaps somebody from HP development can explain to my why this function can care for my battery. I don’t see it.

Have all a great day.

HP Recommended

@Matti69,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

The Battery Health Manager feature provides a number of options designed to improve battery longevity and performance for various usage scenarios. The options are:

• Maximize my battery duration
  • Let HP manage my battery charging
  • Maximize my battery health

There are three options available by selecting from a list. The options are:

Hope that answers your question.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

1. Maximize my battery health setting:

This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%.

Select this option if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time.

When this setting is selected, the battery charges until the charge level reaches 80%, then it stops charging until the charge level falls to 75%. While in this range (between 75% and 80%), the battery notification window shows that the battery is not charging.

2. Let HP manage my battery charging setting:

Charging behavior will automatically adjust to balance between maximizing battery health and maximizing battery duration.

When the computer is operating under heavy load or being used in hot environments, charging may behave like the Maximize my battery health setting. Under cooler conditions, it will behave like the Maximize my battery duration setting.

3. Maximize my battery duration setting:

The battery charges to 100%, then stops charging. Charging resumes when the charge level falls to 95%.

Select this mode if you need to have the battery fully charged when taking the computer off the charger.

NOTE: 

Using this mode may shorten the battery lifespan.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.