Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I tried again a month or so ago with private messaging HP support here, on Facebook and WhatsApp, but nope, they keep on repeating the same stuff over and over again or just ignore the questions. I still find myself confused with how bad the HP support is in general.

I have installed the new BIOS and so far it works fine, no changes actually. 

HP Recommended

I want the Battery Care Function on HP Pavilion 15-dk0096wm. Its just been around 45 days buying it, and 6% percent battery wear. VERY DISSAPPOINTING!!!!!! Why would you not even give a software to manage battery!! All the other laptop companies give!! I feel dishearted, i want to use this laptop without any battery wear for the next 4 years, and now i see its battery is already worn 6%. And i can't even change the battery, because all i got was 6month warranty. I feel like I should chosen a different laptop!

HP Recommended

Oh come on mannn!!! It's just straight humiliation to all the HP Pavilion 15 users!!. I use a HP 15-dk0096wm, and you know what, this laptop suffered 6% battery wear in just 45 days. How shameful!! When brands like Dell, Lenovo or Asus provide with battery management softwares to all of their laptops, why don't you guys setup one for your laptops. Just admit you guys gave up and stealing money from us by replacing batteries!! I don't even know what to do now!

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue here.

Although the battery care function is there in the bios *SIMULATOR* of my pavilion gaming 15-dk0005ne, but it is missing on my bios F.40 Rev.A.

Bios simulator for pavilion gaming 15-dk0005ne:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06527734

I am already on 78% battery health due to the wear over less than 10 months.

Such misleading information is totally not acceptable!

That is disappointing. Shame!

HP Recommended

PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

HP Recommended

I just bought a HP Specte x360 13 and have the same issue . 
This feature should be added to Bios . I read this thread and realised that people have been raising this issue for years and still no solution from HP side . 
I wonder who we should contact at HP to get this through . 
Spectre is a premium laptop and very expensive it’s not fair that HP is not including this feature in BIOS while they include it in other Premium laptops like Elitebook or Probook 

HP Recommended

Hi Nio 400,

As many people here, I've tried everything - mailing, calling, the HP Facebook page support, even managed to get to an Editor of HP Developers Portal. That was in June last year. The guy had been working at HP for 30 years, so even though he could not help directly, he did contact his colleagues in the BIOS department and one who was high up in Customer Support.
Nothing helped and after that I just gave up. 

HP simply has the worst customer support I've ever had to deal with.

HP Recommended

Hi Nnennoo

Thank you for your response . This is really upsetting that HP is not willing to do anything about this. Considering how long this issue have been going on and that you tried everything and contacted many peope about this but still no improvement makes me think that HP deliveratly ignores this and they are not willing to help. As someone said  in this thread before maybe they do this delibaretly to force people to buy new batteries more often. 

This is very upsetting considering that this is an expensive premium level laptop. 

I was about to buy this laptop but knowing about this issue now I probably will buy another laptop instead. It is  a pity because this is a beutiful laptop but HP attitude is unacceptable for me. 

HP Recommended

Still waiting….my laptop was about to explode due to swollen battery and these ppl don’t care…they just want us to buy new one …wat a loot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.