3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Adding SSD to my old laptop

HP Pavilion 15-b153cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm experiencing a really bad performance from my laptop HP Pavilion 15-b153cl, I decided to get an SSD hard-disk

My laptop doesn't originally have a DVD that I could replace with the SSD, that's why I decided to replace my HDD with the SSD, but I knew about the M.2 which's the SSD hard-disk chip, I want to know whether It's supported to be added beside my HDD or not, and which model is exactly compatible with my laptop board, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
78,150 78,050 9,617 20,780
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@M7mdKaramElGml wrote:

....  that's why I decided to replace my HDD with the SSD, but I knew about the M.2 which's the SSD hard-disk chip..

@M7mdKaramElGml 

Machine does not have M.2 slot therefore only one option: replace HDD with 2.5" SATA-3 SSD. You can use M.2 SSD but what is the point, you NEED an adapter (or a case) from M.2 connector to SATA connector otherwise it won't physically fit.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
M7mdKaramElGml
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you so much 🙏🙏🙏

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation