Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thanks! I was following that for a bit... he never mentions M.2 though.

HP Recommended

@soundprizm wrote:

Thanks! I was following that for a bit... he never mentions M.2 though.

He actually did

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-my-HP-Envy-17t-n100-support...

HP Recommended

Nice! Totally missed that... I'll have to hit him up... Thanks!

HP Recommended

@soundprizm wrote:

@ClaudEtteson

After some pondering, I thought of something that I think is noteworthy. The M7-n109dx comes with the 80E6 mainboard; which has a disabled M.2 port onboard. Since the port is physically present on the mainboard, I think it is safe to say that the 80E6 mainboard is used in other models. Therefore, I'm about 80% sure we could get the M.2 port working on an M7-n109dx if we could get our hands on a full bios dump of a notebook with an 80E6 mainboard that has a functional M.2 port. Now if we could only find somebody that has one!

I'm sure this a silly question but have you tried just modding any BIOS version to enable the hidden advanced options?  I'm asking because I know you've been looking for someone with a working board to get their BIOS info, when maybe it's just hiding inside the code and needs to be flashed.  I found a great resource for doing so if you're interested

HP Recommended

I'm interested in any resource! **bleep** (modding is pretty easy, it's the flashing that's the hard part). I also got a hold of the guy you linked me to; his mainboard is 80EE, so that's a no go. Feel free to PM me with any links or whatever.

HP Recommended

Sent, good luck

HP Recommended

Still wanted my 1TB disk drive available for storage after installing the Samsung 500 SSD EVO. Solution to this was to order a DVD caddy that holds the disk drive. Search for 2nd Hard Drive SSD Caddy fo HP Envy m7-n109dx. Ordered on ebay for $8.97 from parts-wholeseller in Hong Kong. Caddy does not come with bezel or mounting screw bracket. Ordered spare DVD (813784-001) for $18.97 on ebay and removed bezel and bracket. Removed DVD and installed caddy with 1 TB disk drive installed. Still have the original DVD if I need it. When I 1st booted I got a signature error and it switched the drive off line. Right click the error and select on line and now I have both the 500GB SSD and 1TB drive mounted and available. The bezel and bracket can be removed from your DVD to save $18.97.

HP Recommended

That's great 53walla. Glad that worked for you. It didn't work for me as i wanted a self contained unit for traveling. What i want is HP support to get off their collective arses and get brave and release the bios that actually enables the M.2 SSD port that is internal to the computer. Instead they are happily collecting money from everyone willing to shell out for that caddy fix. The real issue is why not stop being so cheap and at least place a 7200rpm hd in these. The 5400, no matter how much ram is absolutely painful to boot from or load programs with. That said as I stated before how much of an opportunity they have squandered and how much additonal revenue they have lost is amazing. Guess its a good thing Fiorna isn't there anymore.

HP Recommended

Yes I want the M2 to work and hope HP will resolve. But watching my top of the line PC boot with the slow 1TB Disk drive was very disappointing. If they fix the M2 problem I will install a M2 SSD and put my DVD back in so I have full functionality. 

HP Recommended

53walla

While the compter has many desiarable features, i can tell you that the M.2 drivebay issue is the first slap in the face of paying customers, but the nail in HPs coffin is the horrible 5400rpm spun drive. That drive configuration sends the computer back to the days of 5 1/4" drives:smileymad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.