Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-dq1033cl
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I have just purchased the hp 14-dq1033cl and im waiting for it to come in.  I'm wanting to know what I need to add an additional hard drive to it.  Ive read some of these cheaper laptops don't come with a cable or caddy? To install them.  Any advice would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On this particular model there is no place to put an additional hard drive. The only possible storage is a single M.2 "gumstick" SSD. 

Service Manual 

The only storage expansion you can do is add a relatively large capacity micro-SD card or replace the 128 gig M.2 SSD with a larger capacity model. Your 128 gig is a SATA type M.2 and you can swap it out for a much faster PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

On this particular model there is no place to put an additional hard drive. The only possible storage is a single M.2 "gumstick" SSD. 

Service Manual 

The only storage expansion you can do is add a relatively large capacity micro-SD card or replace the 128 gig M.2 SSD with a larger capacity model. Your 128 gig is a SATA type M.2 and you can swap it out for a much faster PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Well shoot, that's not what I wanted to hear.  I have a nice 500gb ssd just looking for a home lol. However if I upgrade the ssd stick is there a way to clone the smaller 1 to the new larger ssd stick?

HP Recommended

Oh yes many ways to skin that cat or just do it immediately. You can fire it up and use the recovery app to make a usb thumb drive and then just use that to restore the original factory image to the new larger disk. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.