Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp Spectre x360 convertible 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I own a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx

Windows 10 Home version: 10.0.19042 x64 based PC

Processor: Intel Core i7-8565u @ 1.80ghz, 1992 mhz, 4 core, 8 logical processors

Ram: 16 gb

Display adapters: Nvidia GeForce mx150 (30.0.14.7247), Intel UHD graphics 620 (version 26.20.100.7927)

I just purchased Adobe Creative Cloud and unfortunately it crashes my computer within 5 minutes every time I try to use one of the programs (so far have tried Illustrator and Photoshop).

Before my computer restarts, I get a blue screen that gives me the following info:

Stop Code: video_tdr_failure

What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys

In Device Manager I tried to update the Display Adapters but both the intel uhd graphics 620 and the nvidia geforce mx150 say they are up to date.

I asked the adobe community support and one user suggested to make sure that I have the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver). I went to the NVIDIA website and entered in the specs for my driver and it has no "studio driver" available every diver is a "game driver" except for one: geforce 385.12 which says beta.

I did a scan on the hp website here and it says that my drivers are up to date.

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I just received HP Spectre x360 as a loaner PC since my new Envy x360 has been sent to HP repair center.  The Spectre keeps crashing every time I use Adobe Photoshop and Dimension.  I assume Illustrator might have the same thing.  I searched Adobe support community and found this. I think this is pretty similar situation. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/all-adobe-apps-crashing/td-p/11682943

My loaner pc is; 

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx

Nvidia GeForce MX330

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB 

Windows 10 Home 21H1

Just for now, I have turned off the use of a graphics card in Adobe program (Ex: Photoshop -> Edit -> Preferences -> Performance). But I would like more fundamental solution.  

(Btw, my Envy x360 does not have any issue with Adobe programs at all. Graphics is Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

Any HP support can help us out? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I found the same method as suggested in the link you provided. I was able to work in illustrator and photoshop (haven't tried other programs yet) using the laptop by unchecking the "GPU Performance" in illustrator and photoshop (In both programs you can find that by following the menus: Edit-Preferences-Performance). Not exactly sure what functions I'm unable to perform in each program but at least they work. In the future I plan on using premier pro, I get the feeling I'm going to run into problems editing 4k, but not sure, hopefully not.

I didn't buy this laptop to run adobe but still I was pretty disappointed to find out that the gpu couldn't. Other than that, it's been a good laptop. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just saw your reply. Thank you.

Yes, I have done the same.. I have turned off the use of the graphics processor in Photoshop. It works for now, but not fundamental solution. I totally understand your concern and disappointment.  I am surprised that quite a few users are having the same problem, yet the issue has not been fixed yet. I still hope anyone can advise us, and  Adobe or Graphics card manufacture can bring users better solutions for the problem in near future.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.