Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion 15 -cc187cl 8550 CPU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello and grand holiday greetings to all here. I have a new HP Pavillion 15 -cc187cl I7 8550 CPU. I have made it into a desktop with all peripherals; monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, some through a hub. I have it on a cooler/blower on shelf several inchers about my monitor. The lid is closed and I have a lite, cloth cover over the laptop to keep the dust away.

My question is... am I missing features on this laptop working from a separate keyboard? I have everything I need at the moment with assigned buttons of my choice of 'screen shot' program, my HP printer, etc. and best yet, I have a 'mute volume' button  :smileyvery-happy::  on my keyboard without reaching for the mouse to lower volume. Would like to program a 'Power' button from my separate keyboard too(I will check that soon.) I have a Logiteah K350 keyboard. Wondering if I  am losing features not working from the actual laptop keyboard and what might they be? I do not care about the 'touch' screen features. Hey Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rocpapershotgum, welcome back to the forum.

While I am not fully familar with the keyboard on your notebook or the discrete keyboard, I don't believe that you are missing any features.  All of the keys on the notebook keyboard are marked with a symbol that tells you what they do.  For instance, the half moon shape is for Sleep mode.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rocpapershotgum, welcome back to the forum.

While I am not fully familar with the keyboard on your notebook or the discrete keyboard, I don't believe that you are missing any features.  All of the keys on the notebook keyboard are marked with a symbol that tells you what they do.  For instance, the half moon shape is for Sleep mode.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.