Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason-_-H
Level 3
39 23 0 4
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Are the bottom rubber feet reusable? (and if not, where can I get replacements for them?)

HP Recommended
HP 15z-ef2000

So I ordered a 15z-ef2000 with a 1x4GB RAM stick and a 1x8GB ram stick. probably should've gone with a 2x8GB kit, but I figure it shouldn't be trivial to do it myself so that I don't wait another 6 weeks. So, I do know that the screws to enter the internals are hidden under the rubber feet of the laptop. Are the rubber feet reusable or not?

If not, where can I find replacement parts of them?

On the order page, it's listed as HP 15z-ef2000 2K3T2AV_1

5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,920 93,577 12,295 26,136
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jason-_-H 

Yes and no depending on how do you remove it. You can buy a new set using part #  L63597-001

Unfortunately it is is N/A from HP parts store

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L63597-001

You have to use part # to buy elsewhere including eBay. I saw it on internet for $22,  HP won't allow me to post the link. Please use Google and search yourself

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jason-_-H
Author
Level 3
39 23 0 4
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you elaborate a bit more on the “Yes and no depending on how you remove it” part? If I were to reuse it, how should I go about removing it so that I could still reapply it later?

1 person found this reply helpful
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,585 44,634 7,331 13,078
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have the long thin feet strips. Use a sharp tool like a box cutter to start the strip out of the channel. The big thing is not to stretch them, which can happen if you pull too hard as you remove them. If you stretch the rubber it will stick out of the channel at the ends and the laptop will not lay right on a flat surface. Try to preserve the adhesive as you remove them. If you do it right they will just stick back on and fit in the channels.   

Jason-_-H
Author
Level 3
39 23 0 4
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I’m kind of confused when you say “Use a sharp tool like a box cutter to start the strip out of the channel.” what exactly is “the channel”. 
But, the main idea is just to start from the sides of the rubber rather than the ends to prevent the rubber from stretching?

Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,585 44,634 7,331 13,078
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No you want to start from the end of the strip. Take the sharp tool and without marring the strip (a little hard to do) slowly pull it out so it does not stretch. If you try to dig it out from the side of the strip you will amost surely mar it up. Does not want to come out that way. The strip/foot sits in a channel with plastic rails the size and shape of the footer. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation