Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN HP 15-dc1065nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys!

I have OMEN HP 15-dc1065nwNow I have 8GB RAM and I want to add one more 8GB RAM.

Please give me advice which RAM will be better for me:

RAM DDR4 HYNIX 8GB 2666MHz HMA81GS6JJR8N

OR

RAM DDR4 HYNIX 8GB 2666MHz HMA81GS6DJR8N

Thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

They are the same. The different identifiers are coded production data and do not affect the actual working specifications...if you want to add a module to the original best to try to match what is already in there. Have you opened it to see what HP provided? Very likely the Hynix you ask about will be fine. 

HP Recommended

Sounds good. I have not opened computer yet but I  am afraid that I 'm not gonna find inside more information about this.

HP Recommended

You will find a memory module in there and can try to find another just like it or as close as possible. I am primarily interested in the design of the chip. How many rows of black blocks on the side i.e. low or high density layout? You can mix low and high density on most laptops but all else equal best to stick with the same in upgrading. You can actually get this information from Windows as follows:

https://winbuzzer.com/2020/08/21/how-to-check-ram-type-speed-and-size-on-windows-10-xcxwbt/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.