Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC K1H57EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot (1).png

I have  installedsynaptics 19.4.2 driver recently along with recent windows upadte.I have problem of auto scrolling and pointer freezing.When ever I open file or browser it scrolls to bottom and some time mouse pointer freezes .the freezed mouse pointer can be made movable after presing a key.Whenver I made the changes in Samart sense,the changes remain default when I check next time.It didnt save.I rarely notice thes problem when I use thekey board.I couldn't get this.I have reset my windows too.Why pointer freezed after a key stroke? what is the reason for the auto scrolling?.Please help me to over come this.Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

First, download the Synaptics driver on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72142.exe

When done, turn off your wireless card ( should be f12 ).

Open windows control panel, open Programs and Features, right click the current Synaptics driver and select Uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder and run the Synaptics installer - when this has completed, restart the notebook again.

If this has corrected the scrolling issue, turn your wireless card back on and use the utility on the following link to prevent Windows 10 from automatically updating the Synaptics driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

First, download the Synaptics driver on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72142.exe

When done, turn off your wireless card ( should be f12 ).

Open windows control panel, open Programs and Features, right click the current Synaptics driver and select Uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder and run the Synaptics installer - when this has completed, restart the notebook again.

If this has corrected the scrolling issue, turn your wireless card back on and use the utility on the following link to prevent Windows 10 from automatically updating the Synaptics driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have tried that one also,butpointer freezes frequently.Once a key input is given it become movable.Am I need to modify any changes in synaptics smart sense option?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the same procedure to install the Synaptics driver below.

Synaptics Driver Version 17.0.18.8

When done, open the Synaptics settings panel, disable SmartSense and then check if the touchpad will now work with a keyboard key held down. 

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Sorry to say this Sir,Still the problem exist.But the time interval taken was too lokk,also I felt it wasnot observed when keyboard is using.Is there any connectio with keyboard and touch pad properties.Auto scrolling is irritating 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If your using the 17 series Synaptics driver and have disabled SmartSense, this usually corrects the problem - the only other suggestion I Have is to check the following.

In the Synaptics Control Panel, make sure that for both 'Two-finger Scrolling' & 'Scrolling' that the option 'Enable Coasting' is not checked.

From the Start Menu, select Settings, select Devices, the select Mouse & touchpad - set 'Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them' to Off and also set the Touchpad to No delay (always on).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Freezinng problem seems to be ok with your suggestios.Thank you sir,but the scrollling occurs rarely.

My doubt is whenever I press a key after scrolling occurs,then it become normal state.Why that become to normal state when keystroke given?Is desktop refresh after the keystroke given?

HP Recommended

Even after I uninstall the synaptics driver auto scrolling problem is still there.Willthere be any problem with windows update?Or it caused by any malicious software?Im using windows defender only,nothing detected? Will a clean reinstllation of windows by formatting all my drives help me?

HP Recommended

Even I reset the PC by completely removes the files and retaining windows 10,the auto scrolling still continues? why that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.