Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-w250tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My OMEN by HP - 17-w250tx  laptop has a normal old issue for hinge tightening due to which  at 1st back cover was damaged in approx may 2018 , then again due to hinges tightening the keyboard top cover was damages in June 2019, 
Now due to hinges  tightening the base enclosure is damages, and now the HP Services authorities is denying to replace same in warranty as informed by the service center named SYSNET. I request this to be case to reviewed # caseId: [Personal Information Removed] asap , as there is no physical damage in my laptop and the base enclosure is damaged(from Inside) due to the tightening of hinges. and this is a humble request to improve replacement product quality Like hinges is a worst issue which I always face. and due to which my faith in HP OMEN like build quality is not good, 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Damages Caused due t hinge tightening ( Base Cover Damages , some locks of base cover , hinge cover , Top cover near keyboard 0 and arrow buttons ) see attached images   ... and till date no valid communication received from HP..
this proves that the gap in service response for replacement of parts and the deteriorated Product quality that HP Provides . 
I further request to resolve the case asap . 

current Case History :  raised on near 24 Oct, Service engineer visit date 6th Nov, Order parts , multiple damaged parts were rejected by HP, Hinge order till pending Service center informed Hinge reported as Part not available by the shipment teams, 
Received call from HP Bangalore No. To proceed the same case under ADP even in case of no physical damage. and mention cause of damage as due to Internal(i.e due to hinge) in Damage caused via Column. now still case is pending 

I raised the case for hinge tightening in approx Jan.Feb 2020 where instead of processing replacement of hinge the service center at Delhi Proceeded with Loosening the same Hinge . 

Really the worst ever service received from HP .

This is the Third case where Product damage is caused due to internal factor of hinge tightening. 

( all attached images for internal damage were taken by the visiting service engineer )

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-10 at 1.19.55 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-10 at 1.19.56 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-10 at 1.21.06 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-11 at 4.41.27 PM (1).jpeg

HP Recommended

Case History : Case raised near 25 Oct 2020, Service Engineer visit Scheduled near 1st Nov . inspected the laptop and found multiple body parts and locks damages caused due to internal hinge Tightening. Ordered damaged part to their senior team , All part order canceled by them except Hinge and same was reported not Available further. 

Further Service center informed to raise the case under ADP . On same I contacted HP Social media team , Received Call from HP Bangalore number, The cce informed to proceed the case under APD even if case cause is due to internal Damage and Write cause of damage as Damage due to internal hinge tightening , The Case is still Pending And After ADP no further communication Received for parts, 

Old Hinge Case : the Hing was felt tight in approx Jan 2020, raised a case and service center at Delhi informed visiting engineer to loosen the hinge instead of Ordering new. 

This is the third time when there is body damages caused due to tightening of hinge . 

There is to much Gap b/w hp Teams in INDIA and which consumers has to finally face the delay. 
The product quality of HP products has drastically deteriorated  ( mainly The Laptop's body Quality ) 
this was not expected for OMEN like premium Products.

I have attached the images of damages caused due to internal factor 
Note: All Images were taken by visiting service Engineer.

Spoiler
IMg01.jpegIMg02.jpegIMg03.jpegIMg04.jpeg
HP Recommended

@koolguy112

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is the third case where multiple body parts as damages due to internal hinge tightening i.e. top cover hinge cover base cover etc (images attached). Initially i ignored that this may be some uncommon issue but after this is the third time i am now 100% sure that this particular product has very inferior built quality complete hp community is filled up with such cases for same model and many of the cases were given replacement for such issues .. It was not expected for a premium product (pricing approx ₹1.8 lakhs inr + 21k inr for extended warranty and adp ) with such inferior built quality. Now this is concerning me as the extended warranty is about to expire and further i may not be abel to continue with such issue and and i would never think of buying or recommend hp to any of my near and dear once .. Please do some favorable solution for this.

IMG-20201118-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20201118-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20201118-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20201118-WA0019.jpg

HP Recommended

as discussed over telephonic conversations , after raising issue on community , the contact person provided 2 email id of Area managers of Hp , the issue mail was sent 7 days back, and till date no conversation is received from their side, Please consider resolving the issue of inferior product quality due to which same issue is caused multiple times from last 3 years. 
please reply asap with proper resolution or due to nonresolution of same i may be forced to proceed to consumer court.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.