Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am seeing a problem with my battery for last couple of months. The laptop is not getting fully charged and It shuts down on its own sometimes with 30% of battery remaining and without any kind of intimation. it charges averagely 78-80% everyday no matter how much time it is plugged in. It just stops charging after around 80% everytime. Another thing is the brightness of the screen fluctuates sometimes while charging. My laptop is not even 2 years old. Does anyone know what to do now. It will be reeally helpful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Be aware that notebook batteries are only warranted for one year.  

Most people get two years plus service life from a battery, but not everyone manages to get that. 

I suggest reading the article at the link below and invoking the battery report to see the current status of your battery and its charging history since new.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Is-your-notebook-plugged-in-and-not-charging/...

Your description of the issue sounds like you need to replace the battery with a new one. The battery report will enable us to see just how close to non-serviceable condition the main battery is. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Be aware that notebook batteries are only warranted for one year.  

Most people get two years plus service life from a battery, but not everyone manages to get that. 

I suggest reading the article at the link below and invoking the battery report to see the current status of your battery and its charging history since new.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Is-your-notebook-plugged-in-and-not-charging/...

Your description of the issue sounds like you need to replace the battery with a new one. The battery report will enable us to see just how close to non-serviceable condition the main battery is. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.