Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-1365dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Received a Critical Customer Advisory - Jun 07 2016 email from the HP Support Alerts.  The email references an unsafe battery problem and suggests that there is a voluntary recall of these batteries.  However, when I try to follow the link, or search for any of the keywords in the email, nothing matches or can be found on the HP website.  Please forward the proper link to me or explain what is going on so that I can check my battery for safety.  Thank You

This is the extact alert with the link listed below the headline:

HP Commercial and Consumer Notebook Computers - Battery Recall and Replacement Program (c05166036)

http://click.emailinfo.hp.com/?qs=3b63cd364274bd451425078ebcf03892671d619fe862d8b13a42a9dd40816b35a9...

Products: Laptops and Hybrids

Description: In cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, HP has announced a worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program for certain notebook computer batteries. The affected batteries were shipped with specific HP, Compaq, HP ProBook, HP ENVY, Compaq Presario, and HP Pavilion Notebook Computers sold worldwide from March 2013 through August 2015, and/or were sold as accessories or spares, or provided as replacements through HP Support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I received the same alert and the link just redirects to the support site. The advisory is not listed yet for my model.

HP Recommended

I received this email too and am having the same problem trying to find anything on the HP website and come up with nothing.  Sooo frustrating :indifferent:

HP Recommended

I had this message too but no answers at all :Crying:

HP Recommended

Sorry everyone is having this strange issue. I have requested attention to this thread/problem. Hopefully by Monday when everyone is back to work.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have recieved the same email with same result - a broken link.

Obviously content of the email is concerning re potential battery issue...

HP Recommended

Monday, 6/13/2016, 12:32 pm PST - still no working link for this recall

HP Recommended

It working now,

Here's the link:

https://h30686.www3.hp.com/?lang=en-US#tab=id1

HP Recommended
What's a bit more worrying is that I got a pm from someone in Ho saying that he message was sent in error and there was no issue and to just ignore the alert 😞
HP Recommended

Hi all, I got pm too. Hope this is all OK you would have thought they would have come on here and told us that the critical message was a computer error. :indifferent:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.