Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14 Laptop PC 14-f2000 (4X5B5AV)

I want to ask, is the battery in my HP 14s fq2002au designed so that it can't reach 100%? I tried to keep the charger 1 hour after 99% but still stuck at 99%, is this normal? I just bought this laptop 2 days ago

Is there an upgrade option for this laptop? is there a clear video to open the back case of this laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rizalf8,

Thanks for replying, appreciate it. Well, in that case, nothing to worry about it as the battery is not draining out quickly. This could be saving the battery life. If the battery drains out quickly like within 1hour then it's a concern😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @rizalf8

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

The battery charges to 99% and then stops charging. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• When the battery stops charging at 99%, does it give an error saying "plugged in and not charging"?
  • If you disconnect the charger at 99% charge then does the battery charge countdown start from 99%?

While you reply to that, I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Let us uninstall the battery drivers and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Batteries".
    Right-click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall.
  • Close the device manager after you have uninstalled all the ACPI battery entries. 
  • Please restart the laptop. While restarting, the Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers automatically. 

If the battery continues to stop charging at 99% then let us calibrate the battery: Please follow the steps mentioned under "Manually Calibrating the battery" from this HP article

Finally, please update the BIOS if the above steps did not fix the issue. The BIOS can be downloaded and installed via this link The Charger must be connected during the BIOS update.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

here a pic when im charging and when in full charging but 99% only

IMG_20221003_091339.jpg

IMG_20221003_091413.jpg

IMG_20221003_091437.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @rizalf8,

Thanks for replying, appreciate it. Well, in that case, nothing to worry about it as the battery is not draining out quickly. This could be saving the battery life. If the battery drains out quickly like within 1hour then it's a concern😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @rizalf8,

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Have a great day! 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.