Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

This worked for me too when I finally did it right and I didn't have to do anything else and problem stayed fixed so I wouldn't do anything else if I were you. No need to fix what ain't broke 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello there,

yesterday the Spectre x360 of my partner died down, after having issues with the battery noit being able to go through a day really long.

It started into a Boot-window, after restarting into windows it crashed down - display just going black.

The loading-LED was also dead: trying the AC did nothing most of the time. after about half an hoourit shortly went red, so we tried letting it load over night just to arrive at a white blinking LED. It still did not start, after oince again unplugging it the LED is now dead permanently.

I tried the way described by you, also with unplugging the battery (handyman :D), still no results.

But what was interesting: one of the resistors seems to be burned through, please see the Pictures below:

20191231_115220.jpg20191231_115226.jpg20191231_115216.jpg

HP Recommended

thank you so, it worked for me. after holding the power button for 10 seconds.  As soon as the computer shut down, the light changed to orange and the battery began charging again.

HP Recommended

My laptop also does this sometimes and the only was that it recovers is by pressing the power button for about 5 mins. I don’t know why it works properly after I do that but at least its working again, right?

HP Recommended

I have similar problem on my elite book 8570p but for once I connect it to power the white light stays and my pc does not go. It only goes on after plugging and unplugging continually to form some kind of short circuit. I have been it like this for 5 months now but it’s now taking longer to go on than before like 40 minutes of plugging and unplugging. Please is there a solution to this?

HP Recommended

Hello,

My old battery's capacity was drained out(as notified by the system error 602) and the system was suggesting me to buy a new one. I recently bought a new battery for my laptop and I am facing a somewhat related problem. The battery charge light is constantly blinking white and the charge status says "Plugged in, charging" but the battery never charges above 0%. As soon as I unplug my AC  adapter, the PC shuts down abnormally.

My AC Adapter is charging my old battery fine.

Please suggest me possible fixes.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.