Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
 Pavilion 15­p077TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HI , 

I'm have ing trouble with my HP Pavilion 15­p077TX  Notebook (1yr 6 months old), its battery charge got stucked at 2% (nor further charge loss nither is it getting charged), I'm currently using it via my AC Adaptor and the irony is that I'm posting this from it in the same condition.

Things i've tried so far:
- Updating the bios (Current BIOS Version/Date : Insyde F.42, 18-03-2015) {I have a doubt about the bios version here cause when I tried to check the current bios its showed me this one and F.7 for Intel Processor, not sure If its the proble with this case.}
- Uninstialling the ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery andn then redetecting it
- Updating the support assistant and running the battery check which gives an unknown 93 error (tried both VERSION:  8.2.8.25 and VERSION: 7.7.34.34 )
- Unpluging the battery and the ac adapter and holding the power button for a whole minute

-Tried HP Diagnostic Tools' Battery Check which took like 10-15 minutes and responded as no battery is pluged in.

Right now I don't have much in my mind to try on this, If anyone knows anything please do share, that might me helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Enigma 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @EnigmaDimirti,

Welcome to the forums. I'm here to help.

I would strongly suggest Testing and Calibrating the Battery. Should that not solve the issue, I would suggest calling in for support to see about replacing the battery, as it should not be displaying "no battery is pluged in" when you run a battery check.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @EnigmaDimirti,

Welcome to the forums. I'm here to help.

I would strongly suggest Testing and Calibrating the Battery. Should that not solve the issue, I would suggest calling in for support to see about replacing the battery, as it should not be displaying "no battery is pluged in" when you run a battery check.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

HI

I have tried to Test and calibrat the battery but the thing is that both the HP diagonatic tool and HP support assits' battery check gives different resultants as one gives no battery and the other Unknown(93) results respectively. 

So now contacting HP Product support is the only option I see ahead.

Anyways thanks again for the suggstion.

Regards,

EnigmaDimitri.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is your problem got solved? I also have the same problem stuck at 0% and battery is not charging with unknown(93). Can you please share the details of what you did to resolve it?

HP Recommended

I had the similar issue and all the troubleshooting steps were helpful only for one time use. once the battery is discharged, the same issue persisted again, When contacted HP support, they offered no help other than the same stupid steps.

Now my laptop is out of warranty and they are asking me to opt for a paid support as if they supported me while it was in warranty. HP support sucks. crappiest support among the big players in current market.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.