Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 au112ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery cannot charge more than 83%. It shows that plugged and charging but doesn't grow. I read about saving battary systems inside bios, but I am not sure that Hp has this. So is it normal or not? How can I change max charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@experimenter

Might be completely normal.

See the following:

Things that are the Battery

Information / Tests

Accepted Solution - Battery won't Charge or Battery won't Hold a Charge

The solution includes a link to an article that explains Smart Battery Technology:  Battery use and care, how batteries perform over time, and expected battery life.

Battery having trouble?

The battery might be OK and just need calibration (balance / set).

The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

Calibrate the Battery -- Link for Windows 10:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Document includes information and link for using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.

Tips for extending / improving battery service

Microsoft - Battery saving tips

Purchase Options

1. Ifyou determine that you need to purchase a battery or AC adapter for your computer, you may find the part(s) in HP PartSurfer. 
  2. If / When you know the battery type / part number, check for the battery at the Parts Store

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter your device Product Number, Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

Use your search engine to find the part at your favorite online store.

Documents and Reference

This document is for HP notebook PCs that have a removable battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

If the adapter fails it will not power the notebook.

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Recalls and Advisories

The battery might be on a Recall List:

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@experimenter

Might be completely normal.

See the following:

Things that are the Battery

Information / Tests

Accepted Solution - Battery won't Charge or Battery won't Hold a Charge

The solution includes a link to an article that explains Smart Battery Technology:  Battery use and care, how batteries perform over time, and expected battery life.

Battery having trouble?

The battery might be OK and just need calibration (balance / set).

The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

Calibrate the Battery -- Link for Windows 10:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Document includes information and link for using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.

Tips for extending / improving battery service

Microsoft - Battery saving tips

Purchase Options

1. Ifyou determine that you need to purchase a battery or AC adapter for your computer, you may find the part(s) in HP PartSurfer. 
  2. If / When you know the battery type / part number, check for the battery at the Parts Store

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter your device Product Number, Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

Use your search engine to find the part at your favorite online store.

Documents and Reference

This document is for HP notebook PCs that have a removable battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

If the adapter fails it will not power the notebook.

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Recalls and Advisories

The battery might be on a Recall List:

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Sir may i know that if your problem solved. I also got same problem my battery doesnt charge after 73%. It moves between charging and not charging from this point. Please help me to resolve it

HP Recommended

I recently came across this quite by accident, I had an HP Elite Pad 900 G1 that said 100 % battery charged , yet it would shut off every time you unplugged it, I had it in my docking station, and held  down  the power button and pressed the reset button  at the same time , it started charging !!!!! Good new for all who have this problem !!!!!  I have another 3 of them with the same problem and my friend has 24 of them, I will let you all know later if this actually works, or I just was lucky enough to come across one that had a good battery. I tried it on one of my other units and it started charging too.... but I did not leave it in the docking station long enough to confirm this.. Russ Campbell

HP Recommended

Hy! Did you got the solution? I have Exactly the same issue. my Hp pavilion also reaches upto max 73%.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.