Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-26-2018 11:51 AM
My battery cannot charge more than 83%. It shows that plugged and charging but doesn't grow. I read about saving battary systems inside bios, but I am not sure that Hp has this. So is it normal or not? How can I change max charge?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-26-2018 11:58 AM
Might be completely normal.
See the following:
Things that are the Battery
Information / Tests
The solution includes a link to an article that explains Smart Battery Technology: Battery use and care, how batteries perform over time, and expected battery life.
Battery having trouble?
The battery might be OK and just need calibration (balance / set).
The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:
Calibrate the Battery -- Link for Windows 10:
Document includes information and link for using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.
Tips for extending / improving battery service
- Ifyou determine that you need to purchase a battery or AC adapter for your computer, you may find the part(s) in HP PartSurfer.
- If / When you know the battery type / part number, check for the battery at the Parts Store
- Select your Country
- Enter your device Product Number, Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
- HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
- Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase
Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from: HP Parts Store
Use your search engine to find the part at your favorite online store.
Documents and Reference
This document is for HP notebook PCs that have a removable battery.
If the adapter fails it will not power the notebook.
Recalls and Advisories
The battery might be on a Recall List:
- HP Replacement programs and product recalls
- Calls: HP Notebook Computer and Mobile Workstation Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program
- Advisory c05864001: HP Notebook Computer and Mobile Workstation Battery Safety Recall and Replacemen...
- Calls: HP Notebook Computer and Mobile Workstation Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program (includes Battery Check download)
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
08-27-2019 04:01 AM
I recently came across this quite by accident, I had an HP Elite Pad 900 G1 that said 100 % battery charged , yet it would shut off every time you unplugged it, I had it in my docking station, and held down the power button and pressed the reset button at the same time , it started charging !!!!! Good new for all who have this problem !!!!! I have another 3 of them with the same problem and my friend has 24 of them, I will let you all know later if this actually works, or I just was lucky enough to come across one that had a good battery. I tried it on one of my other units and it started charging too.... but I did not leave it in the docking station long enough to confirm this.. Russ Campbell