Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x 360 - 14-dh1157tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my pc about 2 months and since 2 months battery drain is 8 to 10% even it is shutdown. Initially it was hibernate mode so I have stopped to use that and in shutdown mode it is draining excessive. Following things done as per google search and whats'app chat with HP as below.

1) Battery test so many times which is passed all the times.

2) Manual calibration two times done

3) Disable USB ports for testing purpose so no finger scanner or mouse will work and still no difference

4) Send IDR logs to HP tech support and no resolution

5) Windows update and HP drivers are up to date. Nothing pending

6) Latest bios F.08 as on 8/10/2020 installed.

7) Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Complaint Control Method Battery and restart PC

😎 No peripherals connected at any USB ports when it is fully shutdown left screen up position  also for testing 

9) Edited Power plans as per tech support and default power plan. No difference.

10) Finally I have reset my complete PC including all files and I have same issue as it is for battery drain,

Is there anyone suggest what I am missing after doing all of above. As per tech support chat they have given up and telling 8 to 10% battery drain is normal even it is shutdown. When I compare with my other laptop at the moment which is 1 to 2% battery drain in 24 hours after shut down. I will appreciate some suggestions please. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jaytec 

You should NOT have reset your laptop as this is most likely a settings issue and when you did the reset, you forced your settings back to their default values and that would not have fixed this issue.  I really wish folks would quit thinking of resets as miracle cures, when they are not.

Win10 has enabled a new hibernation process known as Fast Startup -- which is enabled BY DEFAULT. This is different from Fast Boot, which is a BIOS/UEFI option.

Fast Startup is supposed to dramatically speed up the booting process, but in some PCs, it actually slows it down or causes it to hang. It's also a new form of hibernation known as hybrid sleep -- and this causes battery drain to maintain the state of the PC while turned off.

Disabling Fast Startup might fix booting and shutdown problems.

There are two ways to disable FastStartup in Win10: (1) through the Control Panel, and (2) through an elevated command prompt.

Control Panel - Open Control Panel --> Power Options.
Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
Select "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
At the bottom of the Window, under Shutdown settings, uncheck the box regarding fast startup

Elevated command prompt - run the following command:
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 0 /F

In both cases, reboot Windows.

NOW, Fast Startup is disabled.

See if that helps.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood,

Thanks for finding time and suggestion for fix, I had already disable Fast Startup form beginning as well as I have disabled after complete reset my PC. SO I don't have left another options to try. Please let me know anything else you have in mind.

HP Recommended

@jaytec 

If that does not fix it, then you are stuck -- as I also have an HP laptop with a similar problem and if I put mine away for any length of time, I have to remove the battery to prevent it from dying,

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.