Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-da0094ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've noticed a long while ago that the battery life when unplugged from the charger lasts LESS than 1 hour which is unbelievable! I thought this was normal, but I realized that it was way too low when I looked at other laptop that have batteries that can last over 6 hours, I don't know if this is normal on this model or the battery is defective and I need help to decide on that.

Note:

1. I mainly watch YouTube videos when i plug the charger off

2. No, there is no background process that's using too much recourses , when i open up taskbar, the laptops idles at around 10% CPU usage, even while using Chrome

3. the worst part is, I use the lowest brightness setting all the time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ScreenshotScreenshot

I think I know why my battery is draining so fast, I looked on HWiNFO64 and the battery wear is at 50% which probably tells why this happened , the battery could only hold 50% of what it used to when the laptop was new, looks like I need a battery!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zaidos 

Sounds like you are streaming videos while running on a battery.  That is most likely the cause of the battery drain.

I have resource monitors running on my laptop and when I do streaming, the four cores of the processor are at nearly 100% each!  What do you think that would do to a battery?  Run it down quickly, of course.

If you're going to do streaming, you need to have the laptop connected to the wall mains.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!

but I'm really disappointed in how hp neglects lower end laptops in terms of battery life

I've seen a lot of laptops on the internet that last well over 6 hours while streaming videos, like the xps 13,lg gram, even gaming laptops like the hp omen

I really hope hp fixes this issue and improves the batteries on laptops like mine since they are unbearable.

HP Recommended

ScreenshotScreenshot

I think I know why my battery is draining so fast, I looked on HWiNFO64 and the battery wear is at 50% which probably tells why this happened , the battery could only hold 50% of what it used to when the laptop was new, looks like I need a battery!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.